Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My talented family

On the weekend, my human Charles went to see his niece Lydia playing with the New Brunswick Youth Orchestra at the Playhouse in Fredericton. Amazingly, they don't allow dogs to those shows. This is a true shame because I have an excellent barking voice now and I think it would go great with symphonic accompaniment. Anyway, it was a terrific show Charles says and Lydia is now the poster child for the NBYO. It's nice to know I don't have to carry all the weight in representing the family publicly.
Lydia plays the violoncello. I think it looks delicious, and if I get a chance I am going to chew on it to see if I'm right.

Oh, also on the weekend I went to my first puppy class in Grand Bay. 14 puppies took their humans to class, which Sarah calls a "ridonkulous" number. Anyway, this was my chance to meet more dogs. Dogs schmogs, I like humans far more than dogs. In fact, these days I am just super excited to meet them, so I run around and bark at them and try to jump up all I can. Sarah says I was not the best puppy in the class, although I am now learning about "down". One good thing though was when they talked about housetraining, a lot of the humans said their dogs still do their business in the house. Gross! I never do that now. Although I still don't understand why my humans make me hit a bell with my paw before they open the door to go outside.

The weather is very warm these days and that means more walks for Lucy and I. I still find walks tiring, but they do provide a chance to meet people, so that's super fun.

Tomorrow I think my human Charles is going to go for his first mile walk this year. He's been working up to it. Yesterday he walked for 0.9 miles. So just a little bit more tomorrow.

Did you know that I am a "perro" in Spanish?

No comments:

Post a Comment