Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am the bestest dog

I even help with laundry. I love how dirty clothes smell, especially socks. Feet are great. I love Charles feet even more than Sarah's because they smell stinkier. When Charles has a shower, I bark at him until he shows me his feet. Once I check them out, then I know he's good to go for the day.

I now weigh ten and a half pounds, I am really growing quickly! I am also getting my humans to better understand how smart I am. For example, I used to be a "bucking bronco" when they put the leash on. And sometimes I was a donkey. I would walk one direction without trouble but coming back, they'd have to drag me. Well the other day, I went out for a walk with Lucy and my humans, and I saw how much more fun it is to walk the way Lucy does, with the leash loose. So I just did that. Then later on when Lucy signed the guestbook at a corner, Sarah told me to "go pee", so I did, right on the spot. It is amazing how easy it is to make your humans happy. A little pee on command and they go nuts.

Now my humans have put a bell by the door so I can let them know when I want to go outside. I haven't used it yet, but you just wait, I will.

Sarah is looking forward to puppy classes. This is because she's very interested in me meeting a lot of other dogs. And in learning to come when I'm called. Right now I am not a big fan of coming when I'm called. After all, if I don't come when I'm called, the humans come and get me. That seems like less work for me, and they could use the exercise anyway.

1 comment: