Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My first night in my new home


We got home at night, and I met Mark and Lucy for the first time. Charles had stoppeed in Sussex at the Wal-Mart and bought big box, which he proceeded to unpack and assemble with no swearing, because now that he has me he has resolved to be a good Daddy who doesn't swear.
Then Sarah set up the inside and I went in to check it out. They tried to make it like where I had been the first 8 weeks of my life, there was shredded paper at one end and a towel and bed at the other.
I went outside with Charles and peed there and he said I was a good boy and a very smart puppy.
When I went to bed in my home for the first time, I had never slept by myself like that before. I was in the bedroom with Charles, but in my kennel by myself, so I was a little nervous and started to cry. Then Charles did something. He got off the bed and put his blanket on the floor and his pillow there too, and then got another blanket to cover himself. And he laid down and slept on the floor next to me that night. So when he did that I was pretty sure he was my human and so I didn't have to be worried or cry any more. So I had a good night's sleep, and since then I always sleep well at night. Charles can sleep in his bed now, which is quieter too, because when he gets down on the floor or gets back up, he makes a funny "whuuuh" sound. So I am a good boy and I sleep quietly through the night, and everyone seems to think that's just great. Still I think it's good to know that if you're feeling lonely at night, there's a human nearby who will sleep next to you and keep you company.
And that was the night of January 23rd, my first night in my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment