Friday, February 12, 2010

The bad smell

There was a bad smell in the house yesterday. It was caused when Mark knocked over a can of gas line antifreeze and it spilled all over the basement steps. Daddy got a headache and had to sleep at his friends last night. I missed him. When he came to pick mommy and Mark up this morning I made sure to wag my tail at him so he'd cheer up. I sure hope he is sleeping at home tonight! Before we both go to bed, we sometimes look at each other for a while. Sometimes when we wake up in the middle of the night we look at each other and then decide if we're going to go out for a pee together.
Anyway, the rule seems to be that if it gets cold, Sarah goes to sleep at her friend's house and if there's a bad smell Charles goes to sleep at his friends house. But I think it has to be a certain kind of bad smell, because some nights Charles makes a bad smell and he doesn't go anywhere. Although I've heard that if Charles makes too many bad smells he has to go sleep on the couch. Also that Sarah never makes bad smells. And even when she does, it doesn't count.
Because I am a very good boy, I have already learned to sit and play fetch, and I have also learned that the smarter you are, the more likely you are to be a Habs fan. So I am one.
I sleep through the night, and only make a mess in the house when my humans make a mistake and don't let me out.
My parents got me some new food. They have been trying all kinds to see if there's a raw food I like better than others. I am very fond of chicken. Daddy says that's a relief because the bison is pretty expensive. He says he doesn't get to eat bison every day, so why should I? I think Daddy is cranky because he hasn't been eating well.
My humans have been inspired by me and are about to begin walking every day. Although they are silly so they walk on a treadmill, in the same place. So they walk, but they don't actually get anywhere. As I've said before, humans are a little bit crazy. That's why we dogs have to stick around and take care of them.
Lucy has been feeling better and easting better lately. When we are together she gets to wear a special kind of collar or mask called a muzzle. Charles says when she wears that her name is Hannibal Lector. I think humans have too many names for things.
Tomorrow is Chinese New Year. My mommy and daddy are going to go to a special dinner. I hope they are not too late getting home. Weekends are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment