Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend and Food

This weekend, I got my humans to drive me to meet their parents. I got to meet Charles' mother. Charles' mother loves dogs in a way that very few people do. For example, she says things like "I hate dogs", which to a less sophisticated person might make you think she actually doesn't like dogs. But I could tell she liked me.
I am very good at going in the car now, and Sarah was holding me for a lot of trip, so there was no real reason to throw up on anyone. I got to listen to the GPS give directions in the car, but everyone agreed that he was kind of pushy when it came time to "board ferry". I got to see the house where Charles grew up, and also I got to play with Ava and Daniel, which was super super fun. Daniel's sweater in particular was dangly in exactly the right way to grab on to. I still like biting things.
I also got to play outside in a driveway which is big and plowed, so I could really build up some speed! My humans are impressed at how fast I can go. When I get going my fur gets pulled back so the effect is pretty cool.
Charles ate some of his mother's cooking, a pulled pork sandwich and blueberry dessert, and gained 4 pounds in two days. This is also because Friday was Mark's birthday, so to celebrate Charles ate 4 hamburgers, an order of onion rings, some potato chips and a very tiny piece of birthday cake. You see, dogs understand that really the only thing to eat is meat, and lots of it. Humans get confused by how good bread tastes, and then they gain 4 pounds in two days. Once Charles stopped eating bread, he lost 1 and half pounds right away, in one day. That might seem a lot to you or me, but when you are big like Charles, parting your hair on the other side can cause you to lose half a pound right there.
Anyway, to prove how much I love Charles' mom, I didn't pee on her carpet. Although I like carpet, it is way better to run on than floors because you can keep your legs under you. My house has now carpet because it makes Charles' nose stuffed. While I wish we had carpets, I have to agree that if you don't have your nose unstuffed, radical steps must be taken. With a stuffed-up nose, it's impossible to tell whose butt belongs to whom, and that can lead to misunderstandings.

No comments:

Post a Comment